Time spent with a friend is the most memorable time of life, and outing with them is like adding chatpatta flavor to it. If you like to trek mysterious and new places, then Andharban is the right place for you. This is One of the Best places to hang out near Pune or Mumbai is “Andharban”.
Andharban – The Dark Forest.
For Punekar and Mumbaikar, Tamhini Ghat is one of the best places to hang out with friends and family. Dark Forest “Andharban” is just 13 kilometer from Tamhini ghat. The complete joyful journey of “Andharban” is eye pleasuring, mind blowing and lungs freshening :).
You will enjoy the company of many waterfalls on the way, steep descend through rocks, green field, small seasonal water pound to enjoy, and sometimes fog will also come to chill you out.
Falls on the way will become special moments of your trip. These are not waterfalls. But ‘slip and fall. You are going to enjoy the slip and falls in the entire trip, if you are going in the group then you can enjoy betting game “who falls the most”.
In the mid trek, you can stop and enjoy the lunch and with this any group games like storytelling, antaksari etc. Personally, I love to “dosto ki tang khinchna” during lunch time;).
If you are a organizer of any trekking trip you can share this article link with your trekking details.
Share your Andharban trekking experience in comment section below.
Things To Carry:
- Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
- Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory).
- Electoral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
- Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must.
- Personal Medication / First Aid kit.
- Toiletries (Napkin, face wash, tissue paper etc.).
- Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc.
- Proper water resistance Backpack to carry all these things (handbags, duffle bag or jholas are not advisable)
- Camera (Optional)
- Rainwear (Jacket ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters.
- Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon, and plate.
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Sleeping bag/mat/bed sheet.
- Id Proof Compulsory.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- Due to the Monsoon season, we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing/trekking.
- Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet.
- No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains