Even though hockey is India’s national sports, but only very less percentage follows. Now a day all are crazy for cricket. Virat, Dhoni, Rohit, Zaheer, Ashwin, Jadu, and list go on…
Now IPL going on and this is like a carnival for all cricket fans in India. This is the time when they can enjoy cricket with their national and international favorite players. During this carnival, many records have been created and you all have followed them and posted them on social media, but still, there are many records which you might be unaware of and will shock after knowing.
Qurious? So let's open up the Quriousbox…
When we all are enjoying IPL carnival, Indian women’s cricket team was playing Women’s Quadrangular Series between India, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Ireland. During the same period, our team showers the new records. Total 12 records were broken by Indian women’s cricket team
- 16 – This the successive victory of team India during February 2016 to May 2017, this is the second longest winning streak in women's ODIs.
- 188 – Scored by Deepti is the second-highest in women's ODIs (Belinda Clark's unbeaten 229 against Denmark in 1997) and highest by an Indian.
- Highest maiden century - Deepti's 188 was also the highest maiden century in women's ODIs.
- 6 – Consecutive half-centuries for Mithali Raj, she now shares the record with Australia's Ellyse Perry and Lindsay Reeler and England's Edwards.
- 27 – nos. of fours hit by Deepti in single match – it’s a new world record now. Previously it was with New Zealand's Rachel Priest (23 fours)
- 320 – Highest partnership in women's ODIs between Deepti and Punam Raut against Ireland and this is the only second 300+ runs stand across format.
- 50 – Half-centuries, Mithali Raj becomes second women after Edwards. Edward achieves this in 160 innings, Raj took 157.
- 100 – ODIs as team captain, Mithali become the third player to achieve this, Edwards (117) and Clark (101).
- 181 – Highest wickets by Jhulan Goswami is the most in women's ODIs. She crosses Australia's Cathryn Fitzpatrick record.
- 249 – Largest margin victory for India in ODIs against Ireland. Earlier record was 207 against Pakistan
- 53 – Catches by Goswami, this highest by any non-wicketkeeper in women’s ODI.
- 358 – highest total by India, now India is the 6th team to cross 350 marks and this is the tenth-highest in women's ODIs